- — We won't sell or rent your data or content for any reason.
- — We don't access, sell, transmit, or use your bot conversations.
- — We use OpenAI for question and answer processing.
- — We can only see your email, when you create your account, and if you are a paying customer, your last payment date and last 4 digits of your payment method.
- — We use Stripe for payment processing.
Ask Soph utilizes state-of-the-art security and encryption technology to provide philosophy-related chatbot services to users worldwide (“Services”). Your questions and answers are only stored in your local devices, so they can never be shared or viewed by anyone but yourself and others you may share your device with. Note OpenAI does have the possibility of storing this information.
Information you provide
Account Information. You provide an email when you create a Ask Soph account. That email is used to provide the Services to you. Your email address is not end-to-end encrypted. We also store the timestamp (date and time with timezone) of when the account was registered. That information is also not end-to-end encrypted. Your password is hashed and never stored in an non-hashed format.
Questions and Answers. We do not store or have access to the questions or answers our bot provides. Note OpenAI does have the possibility of storing this information.
Interactions with us. If you email us, We may keep the content of your message, your email address, and your contact information to respond to the request and otherwise follow up as necessary. It'll be deleted as soon as your problem is solved.
Managing your information. You can manage your personal information in the app. For example, you can update your email or password.
Information we may share
Third Parties. We work with third parties to provide some of the Services. For example, Stripe stores your email on when you signup. These providers are bound by their Privacy Policies to safeguard that information. These include Stripe, and OpenAI. Their Privacy Policies apply when their services are used.
Other instances where we may need to share your data
- — To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- — To enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations.
- — To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- — To protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Ask Soph, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Effective as of August 5, 2023